Passing through..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Long time no post. Was a very active member here for years. Owned three Sport Tracs. Adding a few projects here.

Just posted a shirt for sale in the swap shop and wanted to take a moment to say hello to the "Old Time" members.

Hope all is well with you and your families and the site is going strong.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for stopping by. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondered what happened to you. I assume you are still in your government job and doing a lot of traveling.

Let me know when you might be passing through the DFW area.

Don't be such a stranger. Stop by more often..:haveabeer:

...Richard

Rich,,,

Very nice to hear from you. I have moved to FL recently, still doing the same job though.

I have just over 6 yrs left to retire. I will have a total of 43 years of Fed Service between this job and the military.

Glad to see the site is still up and running.

Hope all is well with you and your family. Anything exciting happening?

43 years with the feds!!! I have 17 years with state government, and I am hoping I can stick out the 4 more until retirement without losing my mind!

Are you driving anything interesting these days? I am always curious as to what folks do when they don't have their Tracs anymore. My 2010 Limited 4x4 V8 has 40,000 miles and was just paid off this month. I don't foresee getting another vehicle for at least 4 more years, but if I had to do it today I don't know what it might be.

take care.

Gavin.

Do whatever you need to get 20 yrs. been there done that and sometimes it seems it simply isn't worth it. But it is. 23 yrs military prior to this FED job. Joined when I was 17.

Driving a 2012 Lexus RX350 AWD with a tow package. My new toys are jet skis. I have owned two of them now and really like them. Not a cheap ride, but oh well.

They make it up elsewhere. Car insurance more than doubled. Transfer if plates cost me $440. Water deposit $300, Drivers License $60 ect ect.

But I am looking forward to the weather aspect. Getting out on my skis and fishing.

Texas would have been much cheaper...LOL

No income taxes, No taxes for newly registered vehicles over one year old. Most vehicle registration only cost about $68 per year. Drivers License is only about $25 and good for 6 years. Car insurance depends on your vehicle and driving record. My (GEICO) renewal just cost me $585 for six months, full coverage for two vehicles (one a 2008 Mercedes Benz and the other is a 2013 Hyundai Tucson). I have two tickets that will not drop off for another year (5 years) and I also have one My Fault accident (oops)

...Rich

How's it going Coastie! Long time for me as well. I'm down to logging in every six months or so when the interest arises. The old girl is 12 years old now and with 228K on it. Dawn still drives it daily, but we're looking to downsize at the end of the year. No more need for an SUV/pickup bed. Probably going for a new Focus, maybe a Fusion (gotta be Ford, you know me).:supercool:

Where in FL did you end up?

Mark

Thanks guys,, appreciate the kind words. Nice to see the old names.

Rich, TX would have been cheaper and I would have made considerably more money due to how the cost of living rules apply to us FED workers,,, You can thank NASA in your case..

Mark, that is very cool you still have your Trac. I've go through like three vehicles since then, maybe four.

Hey LaRue,,, very glad to see your name as well.. Hope all is going great with all of you.

If any of you need or want Apple stuff, I have taken them on in a pretty big way as a hobby. Screens for iPhones, iPads, and iPods. Computer screens as well. If you Apple device has an issue, I likely can solve it. My kids were killing me, so I learned how to repair them instead.. LOL

If any of you have any to sell, I buy them. Broken, water damage, or working perfect.

Be safe,,, I'll check in soon-ish...

Latest posts