Passenger side rear window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
This weekend I found out that my rear pass window does not work. So I pull out the 1000 page Ford service manual and begin following all the outlined troubleshooting steps. Got to the end it told me my window regulator motor needs to be replaced.

So my question: Has anyone done this? Looks like I will need a rivet gun and thats about it, but it sure looks hard to get it out.

Chad

This window is a common failure for some reason. Most find that simply opening and closing the door and or the drivers door seem to bring it back to life. Which, indicates either a poor connection or a bad spot on the armature of the motor.

Many have done the swap, some to find out it still does not work.

Are you certain it is receiving power from the drivers switch in both directions?

Yes it has power. The manual has you go through severral steps to troubleshoot it. 1 of the steps has you make a jumper wire to override all the switches, and still nothing.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this repair on my 01 and found that just disassemblying the motor and gears and cleaning then up resulted in a fix. I used 1/4-20 nuts and bolts to reattach the motor to the door. From now on I try and remember to use them perodically.

I have had the same problem. I just removed the door panel and the plug put it back together and it worked. I have had to do this more than once.

Latest posts