Pappas Got New Shoes!!! And Walkin Straight (revised)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Hoffman

Reaction score
So Im finally getting 4 new tires and an alignment in the morning. Hopefully the Hankooks will be better than the Goodyears I have now. As long as my vibration is gone after tomorrow, Ill be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running 275/45/20 with out spacers or adapters. I replaced the wheels to get ridof the adapters and spacers that were on it when i bought the ST. I was hoping it would get rid of the vibration, but it didnt work. Was told to have the bearings repacked, still didnt work. Tires are crap, hope it works....We will see after tomorrow.

Nik,

Have you checked your shocks? The wheel spacers will put a little more strain on your wheel bearing, but the do make cornering better. I have 1.25" spacers on the rear only. Upgraded the front end links to the MOOG Problem Solvers from AutoZone; and swapped out the 4x2 front sway bar to the 4x4 front sway bar. Also, check your upper and lower front control arm bushings.

Just got the tires and alignment done, so far so good. Rodger, my next upgrade will be the shocks, Maguilar496 is sending me the rears I bought off him, just have to get the fronts and install them. The shop didnt mention that anything up front needed to be replaced. Hope it lasts...

Latest posts