Painting the center console and radio bezel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Lance 2

Reaction score
Has anyone painted their center console (around the cup holders, etc.) adn radio bezel? If so what kind of paint should be used and does anyone have any pics. Mine is worn out by age. :(

I painted the surrounding radio bezel black. I sanded it a little bit to make it smooth and then just spray painted it a flat black. I think it looks good. Just had to be careful putting it back in so that I didn't scratch it. I can take a picture tomorrow when it is light out.

I scuffed the pieces, used an adhesion promoter then SEM black satin, and satin clear, check my library, under 'interior' & 'trim'. Any questions, don't hesitate, good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
i painted the bezel awhile back. i used duplicolor titanium grey. i cant remember what color code it was. it was a 95% match though. i also used the duplicolor adhesion promoter and primer and clearcoat.

i first wet sanded the bezel with 400 grit sand paper.

then sprayed it with primer.

then adhesion promoter.

the titanium grey paint.

the the clearcoat.

[Broken External Image]:

That SEM paint sure is great stuff, but a little bit expensive as Mike Deege also used. If you watched the Auto Detail show Unique Whips, they had a couple of Sem posters in their shop.

Dave :argue:

Not a bezel but... has anyone painted the interior top rail of the doors? Mine is sun faded. I'm talking about the rounded part of the door panel, where it meets the windows.

Paint #'s ???

Carl

i painted my center console, radio faceplate, and radio bezel this weekend. i used gloss black and it might be too shiny for me. gonna give it a few days before i decide, i guess I could always sand and repaint. this pic is from my camera phone, sorry for the quality.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts