Painting Radio Bezel.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AdamCKach posted some info on this in a thread a few months back. He seemed to have found an exact match. Here's what I found, and a link to that thread:

- Paint: From AutoZone. Dupli-Color DARK GRAY (M) CC, UPC 0-26916-80564-5, cap color number E8800564. It's what I call a 98% match. Because it's metallic, if you hit it with a halogen, it'll refract the light a little differently than the '04 bezel. But, for all purposes--in daylight, at night, etc., the match is dead on.

Color in action:

[Broken External Image]:

To the right, the color is a little washed due to the flash brightness. In normal daylight, etc., the match is nearly dead-on (as the left side of the plate shows a bit better).

Note, however, that I painted the filler plate. If you paint a large item, the color difference may be more pronounced.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the exact bezel I am looking for, 4WD with fog light button and no rubber covering. Was it easy to find? Great looking, nice paint job!!

Eltee:

I purchased one new from Ford (could not find one on eBay, got tired of looking, and my '04 has the missing fog light hole because of the headlight switch). It was about eighty or ninety bucks. If you go this route, you need to order one for an '03, 4WD, with fog lights. 03-05 paint colors and textures are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my "01, the paint was coming off, so I removed the rest of it with paint remover I got from a friend at the dealership. The color was nearly the same, just shinier, so I left it unpainted. Looked fine to me

Adam, thanks for the info. I bought two off eBay, both had peeling black rubber and I'm too lazy to strip them and I didn't know if the black rubber could be stripped.

Doug, did your '01 have the rubberized black paint or regular paint? What was the color underneath, that grey/silver?

THANKS.

Latest posts