Painting Interior Trim

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
Hello, I want to paint the radio bezel and piece of my center console, but am not for sure what the best practice is for this? The bezel that I am painting is from the salvage yard and is black, and I want to match it as close as possible to by gray interior. Should I prime everything to make the color match and promote adhesion? What should I use to clean and prep?

Thanks

I painted everything chrome on the trim inside. Just lightly sanded (200) everything real good, then painted three coats. Four years without a problem.

Scotch pad or fine grit(800-1000), then adhesion promoter, then paint. I did 3 coats and 3 coats satin clear(SEM paint). Check my library under 'interior'. Good luck...

I did my center console and radio bezel black. I scuffed up lightly with sandpaper, painted with light layers using Krylon for plastic. I made the mistake of using glossy when I should have used satin, so mine came out shiny. I think used Krylon clear coat, once again, several light coats.

I bought a handle for the spray cans and it made it much easier to control. I have a pic in my library but it's kinda hard to see.

If I was to do it over I would use Krylon Satin Black for plastic.

Latest posts