Painting exterior plastic

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Cox

Reaction score
What is the best way to go about painting the plastic on my running boards and with what? It has got so dingy that my reblack stuff is not working very well. I though maybe painting it would work.

good way to cheat is tire gel... esp that black magic gel it last forever! plus it doesnt run and i dont have to worry bout spraying the paint accidently thats y my trim always looks dark, thats what im doing till it gets painted black this spring before the meet i hope

Have been putting Ice wax on them and was doing a fine job until lately, now it does no good at all, including the top around the bed. The black I put on them is Forever Black, which lasts maybe 2 washes. I bought this for a tj jeep that I had and it worked great while I was using it. I just thought that painting in would solve the problem of haveing to redo them every wash or two and wanted to know what may be the best item to paint them with.

Latest posts