Painting 08 STA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I am considering restoring my 2008 STA to new. I love my truck so much I just cant bring myself to buy a different vehicle. It has been mechanically sound with ZERO issues since I purchased it. I wish they kept making these things, the future models could have been so awesome.

Anyways one thing I would be willing to do is fork over the money for a complete paint job. What would I be looking at for a good quality paint job; to tear down, paint and re-assemble.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find a good place in Alberta that isn't demanding your first born and left arm for the work, please let me know. The last quote I had to sprat the 01 was over $11,000 up here in McMurray.

I want to paint it next year and am willing to travel anywhere in Alberta to have it done.

Please keep us updated.

You have a beautiful STA by the way, good choice to keep her.

I wanted to get new paint on my 01 and the quote was more than what the thing is worth in a blue book. :( And that was at a body shop that has done business with my family for years!

remember guys that you get what you pay for ....that is why you must decide what level; you want take you vehicle to .... than when you got that then you find your shop looking at their references and then talk to you auto ins. agent see what they know of the shop

just a few words hopefuly yoou dont get ripped off been there......

good luck .......looking for photos when done though

:btddhorse:

I'm not worried too much about the price, as long as its accurate. I just want to get a feel for what I'm going to end up spending. Basically somewhere between 10-12k is what its sounding like at this point. I own my own business and I know labour is expensive. It must take a lot of labour alone to disassemble and re-assemble the truck without even considering the painting. That's not a high price. Especially if it is put together professionally.

Thanks!

Take that 10K and get a newer lower mileage ST with good paint. You'll soon forget about the current truck and you will not have the frustration of getting your current truck painted.

Have you guys seen XST's two trucks? Show quality, see pics in library.

Late Model Restore? Why would you need a complete tear down? A very very nice paint job is $3000 to $4000 - Restores tend to deal with body cancer, frame rust, and wore out body mounts - I wouldnt think a 2008 would have any of these issues -

Maybe labor is cheaper here - I had my SVT Hood Created for $500 and I supplied the Donor Cobra Part -

I had my 01 ST repainted and even changed the color for $3500 - sills and lips done too!

I had my '69 Cougar painted including some light body work, under hood and trunk, inside doors and a new vinyl top for a little less than $5k in 2003. It wasn't a complete tear down as I intend to do that later as a total restoration but it was a nice paint job. I wish I could remember how many coats of paint and clear it is. For reference, here's a picture that was taken about a year after the paint job (and after I pushed it over the hill into a tree while working on the brakes, hence the bumper:banghead:). That's my dad in the picture. Taken with a non-digital camera and scanned using a cheap scanner so not the best quality picture.

[Broken External Image]:

My restoration budget worksheet for the Cougar now includes a $12k budget for paint, so I don't think you're quotes are really off from what you'd expect if you're going for an excellent paint job. The current Cougar paint job is really quite nice, but the final restoration will be perfection.

XST I'm kinda concerned that you're having to consider retsoring a '08 STA after only 4 years or 5 if you're counting model years. Did the OEM paint job give up or prehaps you didn't take as good of care of it as you would have liked or wished now you had? Or is it you're just wanting to change the color? I ask that because I have a black '10 STA.

Thanks,

Les C

PS: I have an '01 ST too & still have no paint issues, looks showroom new.

Latest posts