painted cladding with bed liner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Brandt

Reaction score
Finally got around to painting the plastic cladding on my '04. I took it all off, scuffed it and shot it with bed liner spray paint. It's a dramatic change as it was all painted to match the truck.

I love how it came out. :supercool:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great Dale, was it hard to remove?

Was it Dupicolor spray on bedliner, I thought about looking into the spray on bed liners, seems they would be stronger than krylon fusion, I don't know.

I like black trim paint made by S E M. Its a popular detail shop paint that has a good spray nozzle and dries quickly. If you seen the tv show Unique Whips which is about a New York detail shop, you will see a S E M banner on their wall.

Great product. I highly reccommend it, works good on scuffed up black mirror assemblies, just clean the item and spray. :haveabeer:

And to think that people paid extra money to have the cladding match the body paint...??

:bwahaha:

Looks good Dale.

...Rich

Looks good. But I am curious to see how it holds up. I took the broken bed cap I replaced a few months ago and did the same thing to it. Kind of an experiment to see if it would stick. I used duplicolor bedliner spray. It looked good. left it out in the rain and sun for about three days. Good still. Decided I should toss it in the back of the truck to simulate the heat. As it skid across the bed I noticed the corner lift. Once the peel started it was like dead skin on a sunburnt back. Just kept peeling. I decided not to go thru with it on my truck. Maybe a different paint would do better.

I used the Dupli-color Bed liner for my Step bars.. held up great.. didnt think about using it to do the cladding.. Looks great.. hope it lasts as well as it did on the step bars..

Thanks everyone. I used Rust-O-leum truck bed coating. I love it so far. It was cheap at Walmart so we'll see how it holds up. As always when it comes to paint, preparation is the key.

Latest posts