P0401

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
Well last week I had P0401 show up again. It showed up last year, I changed the DPFE sensor and it went away. I tested the vacuum and the voltage to the system and it all looked good. I figured it had to be the EGR valve this time since the DPFE sensor is still pretty young. Changed the EGR valve, reset the battery and went on living life. After a few days, CEL came back! Tested everything again, and it all still looked good. Took off the EGR tube, no blockage. everything pointed to the DPFE sensor, so I changed it and it went away! The only problem was I threw away the old EGR valve since I thought (at the time) it was bad and there was no need to keep it. Lesson learned: Don't assume that just because the part isn't old it can't go bad!!!!

Just wanted to vent. ;)

Conrad.

Thats right. Start with common problems and go from there. The number one most common issue with the Sport Trac is the DPFE sensor. End of discussion. EGR valves do not fail that often, if ever at all.

Tom