P0401 DPEF

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Clark

Reaction score
Well I have the CEL and it comes up P0401,,,

Now the I am planning on picking up the part at Auto Zone,,

and they could not cross ref the OEM number 4U72-9J60-AA (job 2),

but the sales guy speculated based on my description that it is a EGR pressure sensor,,

Auto Zones part number for that item is SU2108 and it costs about $33

I am planning on picking one up on the way home

just thought I would post it the part number since I did not see it when I did my search

the EGR valve was listed for about $43 and the PCV valve is $3.50

It is the pressure sensor. I got it about a week ago. make sure if you have a 01-job1 its the big one, if you have 01-job2 and up its the small one. I think its like $25 at autozone.

Boodro

thanks for the help,,

I have a job 2,, and autozone actually had the both parts listed with the correct build dates and location of build date listed with the part description in theire computer.

The clerk at autozone even knew it was a Ford part and that is was a 2nd version of that part based on just the number I read him "4U72-9J460-AA" ,, and of course he had enough wattage between his ears to figure out which Autozone part number it was even though their computer did not cross ref it correctly,, I was shocked,, both by the effort he put into and his knowlege..

Did anybody else clean out the EGR system before installing a new switch? (or Valve?)

Turns out I had the wrong Autozone part number,, I think SU2108 is the part for Job 1,,, it is larger and has 2 mounting holes,, and the harnes plug and tubing are at the same angle as the other unit..

I think the correct part is SU2308, same price,, took 5 minutes to install , I did it in the parking lot with the use of a small screw driver..

The clerks at the store were baffled by the AZ instructions to clean the EGR valve?

Latest posts