Overkill lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Flash

Reaction score
Speaking with a co worker (also ownes a trac gen 1) had a little debate regarding lifts. Both his and mine are 2wd gen 1's.

His theory of a lift kit is as follows.

3" PA BL

AAL 2" long leaf , didn't know the difference between that my self.

2" shackle

Monroe sensatrac load shocks. -we agreed on these being awesome shocks -

Torsion twist up front

Lift keys for T bars

Says he can easily clear a 33 and if desired could shove a 35 under it nicely.

My thought is that all seems like a bit of overkill and the front will not be nearly as high as the rear. Any lift gurus on care to share and help out?

:argue:

That may fit, I do agree the front will be about 1 -2 " lower though.....

Todd Z

Add-a-leafs don't get you much lift because the spring is under the axle.

Cranking the torsion bars and using higher ratio keys is limited also because the front suspension only has so much travel. What you are doing is adjusting the suspension downward to "lift" the truck and at the same time losing all your downtravel.

A simple 1.5" crank on your torsion bars and Warrior 1.25" shackles on the rear along with a body lift will fit 33's.

If you want more lift in the rear, Superlift will sell their rear lift kit springs separately. For the front you can use Ranger Edge 2wd lift spindles if you also switch to the Ranger brake rotors.

Not sure if he knows about those options. I will make him aware, but with that ranger lift spindle will it have a negative effect on the front end? I.E make the noise higher then the rear,even if he purchased new new leaf packs?

Hell with those options spindle,leaf pack,BL, I damn near bet he can clear 35's! Not to mention if a shackle, torsion keys are thrown in also! That would be overkill haha

Lift spindles are an efficient and safe way to lift the front. You do not lose downtravel like you do with a torsion twist.

Former MYST member's truck, this is a 2wd with spindles, either a sprung-over rear or Superlift springs, I forget, and body lift on 37's IIRC. It was also running a 350 Chevy and Turbo 350 tranny, he simply gutted the wiring and computers and rewired it like a street rod.

d52564597986c689be7336e2757ccf73.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts