Overhead Console Fix Leads to a Diamond in the Rough...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Recently, I posted about the overhead console. Thanks to all who responded. It helped me get a good idea what I was in for. (I'll try to make this quick) So, my plan was to try the junk yards, then Ebay, and then elsewhere. After calling around, I did find a yard that had a Sport Trac, it wasn't clear if they had the overhead console, but he thought it was in there. So, today I ran down to check it out. Not only did this ST have the overhead console, but also the map lights which I have been wanting to fix for the last several years. (will probably do the LED conversion in the projects section)

Now, the diamond... I decided while I was there to check around the ST and low and behold, and I couldn't believe my eyes, but this ST had the coveted 1L5T18B86414CPO, uncut. This is the wiring harness that Gen 1 ST owners want when they want to upgrade the stock stereo to the premium one. Just for a matter of perspective, I purchased my ST in 2001, learned about the upgrade here. Found a speaker w/ amplifier from a member here roughly 7 years ago for $100, no harness of course. And, have been looking for a harness and/or speaker w/ harness for years. I am pretty excited. I can see why people who want to sell the speaker just cut the harness off. It was a bit of work to get it out.

Anyway, I am really excited to find what I found. But here is the best part... The overhead console parts and harness cost me $20.

[Broken External Image]:

End of exciting rant.

Tommy

Latest posts