Overdrive fuse?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New problem.

Owned the Trac for four years now. Overdrive worked perfectly. Now...I replace my dash lights to get them to work. They work fine. Overdrive fuse keeps blowing...almost daily. And, the '4WD LOW' light is out.

Are they on the same circuit? Is there a possibility the light burned out and that's causing the fuse to pop?

It's fuse #20 and is supposed to control the PCM (power control module), daytime running lights (I don't have any) and the back-up lights. Back-up lights work. Don't know what the PCM is.

If you had you steering column tilted all the way down. you have problems in the wiring. Ford didnt give enough slack in the wiring harness. Pull the covers off the column.

Hmm...now that you mention it, I did have the steering wheel tilted all the way down several times. This problem didn't start until I did that. Tomorrow I'll pull it apart and check it.

Offhand, do you know which wire it is?

In my case, the plug didn't unplug. The wires pulled out of the connector because the retaining barb in the connector broke off. Damn cheap plastic.

Latest posts