Outside Temperature Display

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd Quarles

Reaction score
My outside temperature display appears to be on the blink in my 05 XLT. It has always worked perfectly but today has been reading 69 or 70 degrees all afternoon when it is actually about 95. In fact, the lows around me haven't even been as low as 69-70 in at least 3 months. Any ideas on what is wrong/ what I should do? The compass part is working fine.

More and more, this vehicle is a source of aggravation. So far, it has all been minor things but the whole time I owned my '00 Explorer, I was able to keep it maintained and get in it and drive with no problems. There are several things I would like to buy but I can't get anywhere close to the trade value by trading it and so far, advertising it between the trade and retail value hasn't brought any takers either.

My truck has been doing the same thing occasionally, usually appears to be about 20 degrees below what it should be. I added the O/H console in a few months ago, but it was working fine prior to now. I'm wondering if its the outside temp sensor, or a problem with the console itself?

My '04 has read 10 degrees high since day one. I dont pay much attention to it anyway..:lol:

At least yours is working, mine went blank a few weeks ago. I you hit it a few times it will come on but go right back off. :(

I know, it could be worse but what gets me is instead of getting the base XLS I paid for the model with better features and then they don't work! I've tried to reset it but so far, no luck.

It may need calibrated and there is a way to do it... I'm not sure if the owners manual tells how to do it. But maybe one of the members/ford techs will post the specifics for you.

Would be kewl to know how to do that. Mine keeps perfect temp everytime since day one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts