Outside key entry will not reset

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILL E

Reaction score
I bought the truck used. It has the outside key pad. I tried following the instructions in the manual to reset it using the code but that didn't work. Is there a trick to this?

If you are trying set the code to your own number. You have to be precise and quik. If it dont work. might be damaged. Remember the factory code will always work also. Also if you disconect the battery, it will erase your personal code.

Will,

Like Eddie said, you have to be quick and only have a few seconds to enter your personal code.

Also, remember that you cannot change the factory key code....so you always have the option to just use the OEM code.

...Rich

Not sure what you mean when you say "reset it." If you are trying to erase any user-made codes, then resetting is the right option. Like other said, the factory default code cannot be changed.

If the previous owner has too many personal codes you canot add another. Disconect the battery a few minutes. Then the only code left is the factory default.

yes, I tried using the 'factory code'. If I understand this correctly it is on a sticker on my owners manual but that doesn't seem to work.

I have disconnected the battery. I will try again and be really fast about it. ;)