Our New Ride - 2010 Hyundai Tucson

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Laroco

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a few pictures of the car we picked up a couple of weeks ago. It's the 2010 Tucson and so far, we're very impressed with it. It definitely came with more than we thought it would.

As versatile as my wife's 2002 Toyota Mr2 Spyder was, it was time to get something that could actually hold more than two people that had a trunk.

Anyway...here are a few pics. There are more in my library.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

very nice / congrats

hyundai did a nice job with the new tucson. they are really getting much better and some experts have them going against honda and toyota.

good luck :supercool:

It wasn't too long ago that Hyundai was voted the most reliable car. I want to say like 4 years ago or so.

Look similar in body style to the Lexus RX body.

Yeah, it definitely looks different from the 2009 Tucsons. I don't know if Hyundai's hired a new designer or what, but their newer cars are looking really nice - the Genesis sedans and coupes, the new 2011 Sonatas, etc.

But don't worry...the Sport Trac is going to stay with us for a very long time.

I did a lot of research on the Tucson recently: you get a lot of content for the money!

My wife suddenly seemed to be taking an interest in other vehicles after driving the ST for 10 years/120k miles, so I started looking around. The Tucson was at the top of my list. In the end, though, she decided that, since the ST was still very reliable, she'd rather not have the car payment, so the ST got a reprieve. :)

We did look at the Sorento, but we liked the looks of the Tucson a little more. And since it's essentially the same car, we couldn't justify spending the extra money on the Kia when the only real difference was the push start button that the Kia had that the Hyundai didn't. There's also the optional 6 cylinder that the Kia can come with that Hyundai doesn't currently offer, but the 4-cylinder the Tucson came with is surprisingly quick. Plus it's getting 25mpg with mostly city driving and it hasn't even been fully broken in yet. I can see it easily getting over 30 mpg when taking it for trips.

Yeah, I hated that MR2 Spyder. I'm only 5'10" and I had a hard time sitting comfortably in it for any decent amount of time. It was just way too small for my liking. Something about pulling up next to a Civic and having to look up at the driver that just seemed so wrong to me...hahaha

Is the Tuscon now the same platform as Sante Fe? The new Sorrento is the Sante Fe's cousin. The Sportage and Tuscon have shared platforms in the past. I don't think the Sorrento and Tuscon are "essentially the same". Sorrento is quite larger, offers 3 rows, large V6, etc.

I like it.

Things I really like:

a. The color-molded rocker panel...smart.

b. The hatchback without the typical "fatback" look.

c. The color of this particular purchase...white...stylish.

d. The headlights and the way the sweep back...looks like a predator.

e. Turning signals on the side-mirrors...nice safety touch.

f. The inside instrumentation - seems simple, elegant (no big dials, knobs, etc).

Question: Is there an old-fashioned mechanicl lock/key assembly for the hatchback? I see there isn't one for the passenger side front door (few cars have them these days...a minor annoyance IMHO).

TJR

The one thing I dont like. And this goes for any that are made this way. I dont like the pinched down side rear windows. Give me a full window. Either sqaure or rectangle. It would be ok if the window folowed the hatch angle. Just hate the pinched look. Seems that they are all doing it.

Cris,

Regarding no rear lock assembly, not a biggie, unless it's a Ford. My 07 Focus has been in for warranty service TWICE and the electronic lock that is activated from the transponder continues to act up. Seems like a known problem for the Focus.

TJR