our dog going to another place...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Keller

Reaction score
Im putting my 13 year old boxer, Morgan, to sleep tomorrow at the vet. She was a great dog, had some illnesses but she lived way longer than we expected. Im going to miss her. If any of you have had to say goodbye to your dog you know how the pain feels.

Had to do that with my brindle Max some years ago, still haven't completely got over that. Max was unquestionably loyal, he wasn't just a pet or a dog, he was my friend.

D-

I know the feeling as we had to put Hobbes, our big ole 14 year old Dane/Mastiff type mix down last year. It will be a tough day, but you WILL find comfort in the fact that she had a great home for a long time, and you did everything you could for her. A dog couldn't ask for more.

You'll get through it, and in the future you'll smile when you look at her photos, as we do now.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear, it sucks.

Had to put down my 13 yr. old Irish Setter 15 years ago. Held him in my arms as he slipped away. I still haven't recovered. Haven't had a pet since. Sad.

You both enriched the life of each other, and part of the price for having loved a pet is having to one day make the decision you've had to make. I've done it in the past, cradled my dog's head as he slipped away. It will tear me up again when the time comes for my current friend, who is an 8 year old mutt, and the best dog I've ever had.

Think about the good times, and try to draw strength and comfort from the fact that you're doing the right thing for your friend.

I feel your pain and I'm sorry for your loss. I had a beagle named Bart for 20 years. We didn't put him down, but he died in his own sleep. He seemed to go good. He lived a great life and was a super good friend.

Just recently b/c I loved Bart so much. I did what we did when we got Bart. Went to the Pound, picked up a fresh 7 month old beagle. His name is Jake and he listens just like Bart did. He reminds me the same as Bart was. The greatest friend a man/boy could ever have.

Good luck with your loss and I hope you make a new friend soon as well.

Been there...done that.

Painful.

I have a Boston Bulldog (terrier) that is so human that it's scary...and he's getting old.

Roscoe is well known by everyone he meets...very infectious.

My next dog will be a boxer (or companion to Roscoe)...they are great dogs.

Do yourself, and a dog, a favor...go rescue a great dog from the pound, and mend your heart, and save a life.

You'll be a better person for it.

Kevin

My wife and I had to put our Yellow Lab to sleep in September. He was one month shy of 16 years old and he had the best temperment you could ask for. Everyone loved our "Austin". The sad thing was, he really liked going to the vet and was happy as a lark right up to the end. I brought him home in the bed of the ST and buried him next to my storage barn so I could say "Hi" to him. My brother made him a real nice headstone to mark the grave. He will always be missed. We felt bad for putting him to sleep but he was having some really bad issues at the end so it was for the best.

You will be sad for a while but the memories will override that. 13 years is pretty old for the boxer breed and I'm sure she has had a great life with very loving owners.

Take care,

Gary
:)

We feel your pain, we lost our Timmy of 18 years (May 2003) and our Sammy of 3 years (unexpectedally) this past July. We had both of them cremated and have them in picture frame urns sitting next to each other in our Entertainment center. When we get lonely we take them out and hold them close to our hearts.

Not exactly the same, but my brother's dog was stolen from his back yard on Tuesday. She is a sweet little dog. A small, toy poodle which they have had for around 6 years. I suspect a former employee, but really no definite clues (he had to get a security system a while ago, since some people really take getting fired in a bad way). What is bad is they don't know whether she is safe in a home, dropped off in the New Mexico desert, or dead.

it's very hard. Had to put down a 17 yr old min schnautzer knew it was best when he could not pick himself up. I feel he was ready and let us know. Also a 6 yr old Min pin, that was not expected, so I took that passing very hard. Both were very good dogs and loyal to the kids and family.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I know how you feel. One of our dogs India died earlier this year from liver failure. She'd been sick for about 2 years and was only 7 when she died. This past week we found out another of our dogs, Peanut, has inoperable cancer and has only a few months. He'll be 5 in January. My sister's here at vet school and they talked with the head of the oncology dept and he said there's nothing that we can do but make him happy.

I'm sorry for your loss.

this morning me and my dad met at the vet to put her down. at 11:45 my 13 year old boxer Morgan's heart stopped and she is in a much better place. me and my dad dug her a grave in our backyard where she is at peace. she was a great dog never any problems.

R.I.P.

Morgan

1994-2007

ST 101, sorry to hear it. Our pets do become family. They have there own individual character, just as a family member. When we scold them they dont stay upset very long. Then they are back snuggling up to us. Sometimes I think we could learn how to act from them.

My wife and I are cat lovers. They have their own character just as a dog. They have all been members of the family. Some have lived 8years, some as much as 17years. We have a pet cemetery in our back yard with 6 headstones now. On those headstones are comments about how each cat meant something to us, relating to their character.

Take Care

Latest posts