OUCH!!!!....UPDATE on GAUGE!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's about what it is here in Northern Virginia.

By the by, how'd you get 24 gallons in a 22 and a half gallon gas tank:blink:

D-

2.89 in Maine but I soon will be in there with chops!! Alot has to do with taxes different states charge different tax amounts look on the pump, I believe they are required to note the stated and Federal taxes. In Maine i believe it is 45 cents tax on a gal (could be wrong havn't looked in a while). Fed tax is up there also. Do away with the taxes and gas will be reasonable.

Griff, gas is always comparatively cheap in Georgia. I live just over the border in Tallahassee, Florida, and quite a few people here will drive into GA to fill up.

It fluctuates wildly, but there are times when gas 20 minutes from here in GA is .10 or .15 cheaper. I've heard it's because Georgia taxes gas less than FL, but I've never tried to confirm that.

My Trac gets a consistant 21-23 M.P.G. driving it normally!

And that was before the dealer replaced the IAC. Two tanks since then, and still gettin'

21-23 M.P.G.!

The bid starts at...?

THe Trac is a major drain on my monthly budget. Between, gas, insurance and the truck payment, it is costing me $1,000/month to operate. That doesn't even count service and maintenance. :(

I think the gas tax in Ga is 7.5 cents, which is very low. Here in North Carolina, it is 30+ cents a gallon, which is very high. The tax is suppose to go for road improvements, but our roads are almost as bad as South Carolina's, and that's pretty bad. I get about 16mpg with a light foot and driving the speed limit, mostly. 2wd with 4.10 rear. 21 mpg is amazing.

If the Israel/Palestine/Lebanon crisis doesn't heed soon, prices will continue to rise.

Iran has everything to gain by supplying rockets and technical assistance to Hezbollah, the instability only drives the price of oil higher, and Iran exports quite a lot of crude. I've started hearing again of some analysist's predicting $4/gal.

If Iran shuts down the strait of Hormuz, well it won't be pretty at the pump.

I try to ride the motorcycle to work 2x/week now when the weather permits, which isn't much because the rainy season is here. I get 42 mpg with that, downfall I have to use 92 octane.

Nelson I hear ya! I'm doing over 400 a month in gas right now. before this "oil crisis" happened I had moved in with my girlfriend and went from a 5 mile commute to a 29 mile commute. then my company moved me to another location and now I have a 35-40 mile commute each way. Fillups are now costing me over $60 but I've managed to get my mpgs up to about 17

Latest posts