OT: Z28 and 16 year old

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This lady is funny. She bought an 06 Mustang in January. When I bought my Sport Trac in July, she liked it so much she traded in the Mustang and bought an Explorer.

Now, she does not know if she should let him drive the Camero, so she is considering letting him drive the 07 Explorer. ARG!

Those cars are actually pretty safe and had 5 star driver and passenger crash safety when tested. It probably has about 190hp which is no longer a lot--especially for a sports car. Make sure he knows that it handles terrible in the rain and forget about taking it out in the snow unless you want to be driving sideways. The rear end is light and driving in bad conditions makes it annoying.

I don't see this car being any more dangerous than any other car they could have bought. As long as he is a responsible driver he will be fine. I have owned an 89 Formula and a 94 25th Anniversary Trans Am so I speak with experience.

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell her to drop about 500 pounds of weight in the "trunk". that should slow it down a bit and keep the back end from wiggling around on him.

I remember all the booze and beer I used to drink in high school when I had my Camaro. Sometimes I was so messed up that I had a drunk buddy drive for me.

I guess you might figure out what I am hinting here...:(

a few things that i would do

any competant mechanic should be able to install a governor

on the throttle.

take him to the closest drag strip and tell him this is where you

do your racing if you feel the need once he breaks a few things

and has to repair them he should go easier on the equipment.

also if there are any police impound lots around i would take

him and look over some of the cars that people driving stupid

have left there some of them due to being DEAD

I'd recommend beefing up the brakes and suspension. If it can't handle well then they're more likely to lose control. If they can't stop well they'll hit more things. My second car was a 9c3 Impala, that was a great car for a kid to drive, good brakes and good suspension.

Latest posts