OT: Want a new, '57 Plymouth Belvedere?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Piroth

Reaction score
They're about to unearth one in Tulsa. It'll be interesting to see what they find.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/23/buried.car.ap/index.html

Here's a shot of one. Not a bad looking car.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
[Broken External Image]:

:eek: :lol:

Actually, Christine was a '58.

Beautiful car.

She was in the book. In the movie, she was a debadged '58 Belvedere.

I really like them, and would love to have one set up similar to the one shown, or set up as a sleeper.

Thats cool, I think if the dirt and stuff was allowed to touch the car it is going to a rusted mess, but it will be cool to see what happens..

Todd Z

If the time-capsule was water tight then the vehicle could be in pretty darn good shape, but I suspect that after 50 years, a lot of parts would be dry-rotted.

if buried deep enough, the temperature would remain a constant 49-51 degrees year round. That can help prevent dry-rotting. I wonder if the time-capsule was air-tight? Most are, but I don't know if they could have made such a large capsule air-tight in 1957 ?

It will be interesting to see what it looks like after being buried for 50 years .

...Rich

Look at the pics in that buried car link above, that thing was wrapped up in "styrolene wrap" and then placed in a concrete "Capsule" It will be interesting to see how it survived.

They made submarines in 1957, and those are pretty airtight! It all depends on how careful they were when they prepped the site and when they wrapped it up.

Latest posts