OT: St. Louis Firefighter Shot and Killed While Trying To Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
another terrible tragedy...i know there are other FF/EMT's/law enforcement here so i figured i'd post...as a FF/EMT myself i have stopped and called in many accident's before and got out to help before being dispatched...it's just what we are trained to do...i've been attacked before and actually punched/pushed a couple times but god i hope no one faces what this FF went through...he stopped to help a man after he saw the crash and instead got met with a handgun as the man was a carjacker...Rest in Peace Brother and to you others on here, stay safe...

We will now punish the shooter by providing him with shelter, medical and three meals a day for the rest of his life at a cost of 55K/years. Only in America .

That is sad, prayers for the FF and his family.:(

Im pleased that the LEO took care of the criminal with street justice.

As a Christian I could catch some flak for thinking that way. Im just sick of this type of crime. Lost a good freind from work in a carjacking some years back. He was on his way to work, early morning. His car was just an old 20yr old hoopty for a work car. Left behind a wife and 3 kids. He was the type of guy that would have given them the car and gas money, then walked away.:( It was brutal. They shot him 5 times in the head as he lay on the pavement.:angry:

Very sad, my heart goes out to this Gentleman and His family. Another fallen hero, putting his life on the line to help others. RIP Brother. I've also been assaulted, scratched, kicked in the nuts, spat on, had various objects flown at me, but I have been fortunate enough to not have any weapons pulled on me yet. One of our supervisors at a west Oahu EMS unit always wears a bullet proof vest since he got guns pulled on him on several occasions.

It sucks that we're the ones there to help and yet we're met with such hostility. Then again, this is not the norm in most cases.You never know what kinds of characters you'll run into out in the field, so it's best to be prepared for the worst. On a better note, I've been offered money which of course I decline, thank you cards, home baked goods, and best of all...a simple thank you, you saved my life.

That's my motivation and what enables me to enjoy what I do for a living despite the possible dangers. It's a risk all of us in the field take and accept. To me, the rewards are far greater than the dangers we face out there.

I live in St. Louis area and my brother-in-law is the chief of one of the local fire districts. When I first start to hear these types of stories on the radio news, I can't help but wonder if it will be him they mention. It wasn't but I do know he will be most distressed as he attends the service for this fallen hero.

As a former and future St Louis resident, but more importantly a Human, my prayers are with this emergency worker's family.

Course, the media and liberals will blame the gun, not the man who pulled the trigger.

We will now punish the shooter by providing him with shelter, medical and three meals a day for the rest of his life at a cost of 55K/years.

Not this one. In his case justice was swift. I'm sure the ACLU though will say his civil rights were violated.

Minutes later and a few blocks away at the northern tip of St. Louis on Riverview Drive, the carjacker fired at St. Louis County officers, who shot back and killed the man,

That really does suck...

When things like this happen, I feel the punishment showed be even more severe than the norm. We need harsh punishments to learn to deter this type of action..

RIP...

Latest posts