OT: Pic of my new Focus

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! Yeah, you beat me to the "pictures". I looks EXACTLY like mine, but mine is liquid gray metalic.

So how have you enjoyed your first few days with it?

Jenn,

It's been a blast to drive...very peppy. I will have to be careful on the side/local roads as my urge is to get her into out of third and into forth as quickly as possible, and by the time I look down at the speedo I am doing 50mph (typically in a 35mph or 45mph zone). It's been 13 years since I was a 5 speed, so it will take some time getting back into the groove...but it's been fun so far.

TJR

TJR,

I agree....the car has some serious spunk. And it's smooth too. I was having a good ol' time driving to work today and didn't realize until I looked down and was doing 85. LOL It feels like nothing to up to speed.

The only beef I have so far that I can't follow my RPM's because I don't have them on my gauge. I find myself looking down for them and they'er not there, only the speedometer. I'm getting used to it though.

Tom,

Looking good, and I bet it sounds better than the Mountaineer--that is, the lack of a slurping sound coming from the injectors.

I'll be up your way (well, close--Montgomeryville) again as soon as this Wednesday. I need to get a little work done on my headunit/GPS at World Wide Stereo. Wave if you're in the area.

Yes, it is a 5-speed manaul with no tac. But it does have a dummy shift indicator light which is pretty darn annoying. My first mod may be pulling that fuse.

The car isn't so quiet that you can't tell by the engine when it's time to shift. I've driven several 5-speeds without tacs. You can tell by the speedo and the noise when to shift.

TJR

TJR,

I use to do the "Seat of the Pants" shift on my older 4- and 5- speeds, I just thought

most, if not all, newer cars, especially with manual trannys, came standard with a

tach nowadays! Shows you what I know!

And about the "Isn't So Quiet" statement...:

If I wanted ultimate quiet and luxury, I'd buy a Lincoln, Cadillac, Benz, etc...

I like to hear my "Machine", and know what she is doing...By feel, sound, vibration

and such, so that I can make a descision on how it's performing or running.

Use my "Common Sense", so to speak, and stay connected to my "Machine". :rolleyes:

Edit:

No disrespect intended by the "Quiet" comment, just to let you know I think I know

what you were talking about with the "You can tell when to shift" part.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
TracNBlack,

The sales guy, some 21 year old kid, was apologizing for the lack of tac when I was test driving the vehicle. I said:

"Do I look like a riceboy who needs a tac so he can brag about how he redlines on each shift?"

He laughed, but I think it was a nervous laugh.

TJR

TJR, have you discovered that you can combat the "isn't so quiet" feature with the radio? It has a feature that you can turn on that will increase the radio volume as you drive faster. I was playing around with the radio yesterday.

Oh yeah, TJR, I meant to ask, but were you able to fenagle that extra $500 in the deal? When I went into financing with my deal, the guy tried to "take it away" because I wasn't financing through Ford. Needless to say, I didn't let that happen. I still got it out the door for $12,176 + t/t/t.

On a side note. Does yours have the side airbags in the seats? If so, do you know of any places to get seat covers that will not interfere with them? Just curious.

Latest posts