OT - Other vehicle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Crockett

Reaction score
My wife drives a '99 Toyota Sienna minivan. Our youngest, now 17, is handicapped, so we've equipped the Sienna with a wheelchair lift on the back. The chair is not motorized, but the lift is (electric motor to raise/lower the wheelchair). Still, that's an extra 200-300 lbs. sitting out behind the van. As you might imagine, the back end of the van is starting to sag, and going over speed humps/bumps can be quite exciting. Even slowing down to a crawl, I can feel the back end bottoming out sometimes.

When we got the lift (less than two years ago) we put new shocks on it. I've talked to several mechanic friends in the area (PHX), but I am unable to find anything in the way of after-market suspension upgrades (stiffer springs, etc). I am not mechanically inclined in any way, so am turning to you experts for recommendations as to what to do to next. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Check RockAuto.com, they sell a rear air spring helper kit that should fit according to their site, runs about $100 without the compressor.

-edit- nevermind, its the same kit as listed above, but more expensive.:D

Last edited by a moderator: