OT: Jokes - 1973 vs 2007

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
I know you guys will like these!

Here are a few:

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack of his truck.

1973: Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack’s rifle, goes to his truck and gets his to show Jack.

2007: School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1973: Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends.

2007: Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Many more at the link below:

Interesting read--but I'm surprised by the heading of "Jokes..." Were they meant by you or by the author to be funny? If so, I missed the humor completely.

School dayas 1951-1963--and I find these to be, sadly, very true.

I uesd to play with mercury to make pennies shiny like dimes and all the other coins very shiny. Bought it any drug store for a small bottle to keep me occupied for days.

Recently a kid brought a spray bottle om mercury to school, forget where, and sprayed a spray or two. Then the HAZMAT team in full uiiform evacuated the school. These guys had full body protection suits. Closed the school for several days.

Things have changed.

PS I do look funny with an extra set of ears and eyes, though. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listen to the song "different world" by bucky covington

We were born to mothers who smoked and drank

Our cribs were covered in lead based paint

No child proof lids no seat belts in cars

Rode bikes with no helmets and still here we are, still here we are

We got daddy’s belt when we misbehaved

Had three TV channels you got up to change

No video games and no satellite

All we had were friends and they were outside, playin’ outside

Chorus

It was a different life

When we were boys and girls

Not just a different time

It was a different world

School always started the same every day

The pledge of allegiance then someone would pray

Not every kid made the team when they tried

We got disappointed and that was all right, we turned out all right

Chorus

Bridge

No bottled water, we drank from a garden hose

And every Sunday, all the stores were closed

It was a different world

the other day there was a guy threatening people, saying he was going to shoot them. He had a list of everyone and all that good stuff, so they had police and extra security there to watch over the place. That morning that the guy said he was going to shoot all those people, they had people in the parking lot looking in trucks for suspicious things when they stopped at a guys truck and started calling people. After about 30 minutes they had this guy out by his truck questioning him. And put him in the cop car and took off. It turned out the security guard saw that his window was rolled down and he was going to be nice and roll it up, but when he reached his hand in he saw a rifle. It was a .22 rifle with no ammunition to be found in his truck. He is possibly going to be expelled and have to repeat his grade. I know it's the rules but give him a break. And this wasn't even the guy who was threatening people.

"I know it's the rules but give him a break."

I can't agree with that. Everybody wants a break.

"I know I had a little too much to drink and shouldn't have been driving, but give me a break".

"She was mouthing off and i lost my head and I only popped her once. Give me a break."

"The kid is really having problems with 7th grade English and he's missed alot of days, but all his friends are going on to the next grade and we wouldn't want to stigmatize him, so let's give him a break".

No body wants to accept responsibility for their own actions. The aforementioned kid got his break when they told the entire student body that if they brought a gun to school they would be arrested and expelled. It is a real break when you are warned beforehand and given a finite explanation of the consequences if you decide to ignore the information.

If you want to give your kids a break, explain to them that although some rules and laws might seem silly to them, they are intended for everyone, not just some. Explain to them that there are consequences for their actions, and they should give them some long, hard consideration before they decide to disregard those rules or laws and be willing to accept those consequences should they decide to exhibit poor judgement.

By the way, you can carry 150 rounds of .22 ammunition in your pocket.

Give me a break!

This is true,in1976 we would go duck hunting before school,park bronco in front of school with 2 pump shotguns:)(small private school),bring ducks in and cooking staff would clean them .They made for a good lunch!!!

The way I look at it, rules are rules. If the rules are no firearms on school property, so be it. It worked well in Virgina, but those are the rules.

I am 29 years old. I went to a Catholic grade school in Illinois before moving to outside of SanDiego, Kommiefornia and a public school. Difference in philosophy? Oh yeah.

In Illinois, we played baseball everyday afterschool. We fished when not playing baseball. When we smarted off to one of the Nuns.... well you know.

In Kommiefornia? After school, we went home. What'd we do then? Nothing. Watched TV. Why? All of our friends were in after school care because their parents worked until 6pm.

Are things better now for my children? Yes and no. They will never know what it meant to go to the library to research a school project without the internet. They will never know what a Black and White television was and how less than 10 channels limited the amount of time before the TV. However, they have the internet so they don't just have to accept what the news media says. They can get educational programming on Discovery Channel, TLC, History Channel, etc.

However, I remember having a 'See and Say' WITH A CORD!! Heaven forbid!! I don't remember EVER being in a booster seat or seeing my brothers in one after getting out of the car seat. I never rode my bike with a helmet. I was riding in the front seat at age 4. Seatbelts? Ha. I remember breaking the windshield of my mom's car with my head (from the inside) and laughing about it when I was 7 (that might explain a lot).

It is a Different Time and a Different World we are in. I personally cannot limit my child to the point that these "Feel Good, Do Nothing" politicians and 'Safety Advocates' want me to do. There are somethings that they just need to 'learn' on their own. Fire is hot. You can tell them until you are blue in the face. They won't get it until they experience it themselves. That's life. Get over yourselves.

What I miss most is the playground equipment... Metal monkey bars, swings with steel chains to pinch the crap out of you, the thermonuclear metal slide with the charred flesh trails down the top, those ride-on springy things that crushed fingers, etc... And it was all directly over CONCRETE. None of this recycled tire crap.

Have you noticed, all this happened AFTER Dr. Spock said it was harmful to "spank" our children?

When I was young, if you played in a baseball league, the winning team went to Dairy Queen for Ice Cream while the losing team went home. Today, both teams get Ice Cream, no matter who is the winner. Back then, it was NOT OK to lose. You lost, you suck!

All this happened after Divorce became "OK" and having children "out of wedlock" is prefectly acceptable in society.

People would much rather take their car to be fixed than to make junior help dad work on his vehicle. To pay for this work, dad will then work a few weekends while junior plays "Murder, murder, kill, kill" on his PS3 with his buddies.

Two parent working households have prevented girls from learning how to cook and clean from their mothers.

I have read an article about the Baby Boom generation in the paper last week sometime. Thank GOD my parents are the working class generation and not the baby boomer generation. The same with my wife's parents.

Tom

Latest posts