OT - Anyone have a Logitech Harmony remote?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
I just ordered the Harmony 890 remote from ebay, looking forward to plaing with it, my gf is looking forward to only having 1 remote and only having to push 1 button. hahahah

I've got the <a href="http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detailsharmony/US/EN,CRID=2084,CONTENTID=8865">659</a> and we love it!

I have the 688, and it makes things so much easier, especially for those in-laws, that couldn't figure out the volume, let alone how to change channels before...

I have the 659 to and it is awesome. The activities button is great if you have a dvd player, xbox, cable, audio receiver, and xbox 360. Makes everything real easy.

Used to have a Harmony880, but it was my roommate's and when he moved out he took it, along with his 108" screen and projector, lol. I've been thinking of getting a new one, but I need a better tv first.

The Harmony Remotes are the best!! I have the 628 and it is the best remote I have ever owned. You can connect it to the computer through USB and completly program it. Make easy macros to turn on certain devices with 1 button push. Press "watch tv" and it turns on the tv, cable box, amp, tivo... whatever you want. You can even teach it custom commands. You will definitely love it! Really easy for guests and older people to use. ;)

George

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had an 880 for a couple months now, and love it! The only issue I have is that their means of programming it via the internet can be a bit slow, and at times isn't all that well thought out on their end. For example, if you want to add more custom buttons to control a device than you currently have, there's a location at the bottom of the screen where you can enter an additional button. If you want to add more than that one, you then click an "Add another command" button, and the system saves the last entry you made, reloads the whole screen, and then gives you one more field for another. If you only have one or two to add, this isn't that awful--but if you're just starting your programming and have 30 to do, it's ungodly slow. Particularly since it seems that as the popularity of their remotes increases, their website is slowing down.

But once you get through that, using the remote is an absolute dream! Like George C said, you'll love it!

my remotes get dropped way too many times to

spend that kind of money.

my kids would have that broken in a week.

Latest posts