OT: Advice for LA/Anaheim trip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Mitchell

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to a conference in Anaheim in about 2 weeks and was looking for any advice. I have never been to California before. I am staying right next to the Anaheim Convention center. I am flying into LA-X Sunday morning ~10:30am and I'll pretty much free that day & would like to see as much as possible. The easiest thing would probably be to take a sightseeing tour. Any recomendations on a good tour? Should I rent a car or just rely on cabs and shuttles?

Thanks

Probably not a good idea to rely on a cab as traffic is horrible. LA-X is about 45 mins from the convention center. Rent a car and check out Huntington Beach, Orange County area. If your into malls the South Coast Plaza is huge.

+1 on renting a car. get yourself a Sebring convertible and look like a tourist so I can make fun of you! I don't know of any tours in that area- Downtown Disney is kinda fun and close by. Yeah and the beaches are great- Huntington, Laguna, Newport are all worth the 30 minute drive. And whatever you do, stay far far away from the 22 Fwy.

Oh and normally I'd second the South Coast Plaza suggestion, but it'll be December for goodness sake! I wouldn't wish the mall upon my worst enemy during that time. :)

If you can fly into John Wayne aka Santa Ana/Orange County airport it's easier to get in and out of then LAX and closer to Anaheim too.

You need a car to get around in OC. If you want to stay local there is Newport Beach and Downtown Disney.

If you’re looking to see more; this is the site seeing tour we take visitors on: Drive to Mulholland Drive scenic overlook for pictures of the Hollywood Sign and the Hollywood Bowl; drive down to Grauman's Chinese Restaurant for the Hollywood walk of Fame (star in the sidewalk); down Sunset or Santa Monica Blvd and over to Rodeo Drive; late lunch or dinner at the Santa Monica Pier; back to the OC.

I live in OC and the above trip takes 6-8 hrs.

I spent a day and a half on our honeymmon in LA. I was expecting traffic and I must say it wasn't bad at all.

I have driven in Mannheim, Germany, New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, LA, San Diego, Honolulu, Washington DC and many other large cities. LA was nothing compared to NYC.

Tom

Indoor karting. Great place by the Anaheim Pond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call up Extron and see if you can get a tour of their plant.

go eat at In N Out burger

Try SuperMex for Mexican

Near the 710 and PCH is Jessie james West coast choppers

Long Beach has the Queen Mary

Knotts berry farm amusement park is there also, and Disnyland world???? one of those places.

try to get tickets to a lakers game,

The Mighty Ducks hockey team is there.

Don Monkeyboy

Indoor karting. Great place by the Anaheim Pond.

FYI, The Pond is now the Honda Center.

Also, Parking at the Anaheim Convention is $9.00, so don't be surprised. Maybe leave your rental car at hotel and take hotel shuttle (or walk if close enough).

Good luck getting Lakers tickets, or paying too much to see them.

Disney Resorts (Disneyland and California Adventure) is across the street from Convention Center. Downtown Disney is also there.

I hope you like palm trees. The resort is full of them. I am sick of seeing so many of those non-native plants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again...another question. I would like to go to a shop or store that you "could only find in LA". Like a huge special effects store, or magic shop, or something unique. Thoughts? Thx