Ordered my 2007 last night

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Beil

Reaction score
Finally ordered my 2007 ST last night :), here is what I got:

Job 2

Limited 4x4, V8

Color - Alloy Carbon (Carbon in brochure, Alloy in Ford System)

Electronics Package

Moonroof

Nav System

Power Rear Window (been waiting for this)

Cargo Cage Bed Extender

Tonneau Cover

Class III Tow

I decided to go with the Carbon Metallic, hope it turns out as nice as I think it will!! I tried to scan a copy of the new brochure for everyone to see(with new colors) but my scanner didn't scan it very well, gonna try again this evening.

Anyone ever hear of the FDAF Assessment. My dealership called it the "Ford Dealership Advertising Fee"? I tried to get out of it but couldn't get it off the invoice, said it was standard. $400+ :eek:, is this for real or some added bogus fee? Any help is appreciated.

rob, best of luck . sounds like a nice combo with a great color. i am thinking of getting an 07 as well, but still a little indecisive. i manage my fleet of 40+ vehicles at work, and at this time , the only ford vehicle i have is my trac in the fleet. i asked my lease rep to price the new trac and there is no mention of FDAF charge. as a matter of fact, when i have ordered other manufactures vehicles, there have never been this type of charge. any charge would be on the sticker.

in my opinion, it sounds like a dealer mark-up. research this charge further.

good luck

Rob:

I got stuck with that charge, too. It is even "included" in X-Plan pricing. I went all the way to Ford marketing to complain, and it is clearly stated in the X-plan pricing that a number of charges, including "advertising fees", are included. I feel your pain/anger. As to other manufacturers, I bought a new '04 Grand Prix and also got stuck with an advertising fee hidden deep in the documentation.

Nice choice! Of course it is almost identical to what I ordered just last week. :D Really hope I like the Alloy/Carbon. Are there pictures of an Alloy ST in the brochure, or just the (hard to tell what it really looks like) color samples?

Edit: I recall seeing that there is a website for tracking an order. Anyone know what it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
The new brochure actually has each color on an ST, still doesn't do it justice but i'll post anyway. I'll see how my scanner is feeling tonight and post it tomorrow.

Ordered mine on July 5th. It seems that as of today, Ford still hasn't taken the order, SO.... I was able to make the changeover to the Carbon Metallic color and add the reverse sensing system! I guess I'll know tomorrow about a delivery date. I'd like to see that tracking website as well!

Does the new brochure have pictures of the new door handles?

Their is a pic of the door, but it is a side view, so hard to even see the new handle, but I'll scan this as well.

Is their a tracking website? That would be nice to see.:rolleyes:

With the huge loss Ford just posted, you'd think they'd jump at the chance to fill an order from a customer!

As promised here are the scanned images from the most resent 2007 ST.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

I have the same FDAF Assessment charge of $435 on my invoice to! My 07 V* Limited w/Chrome Package, Reverse Sensors and all the works has a build date of 8-23.

YOU GOT A NEW BROCHURE?! :angry: I need to hit up my marketing guy. (And hit him in the shoulder HARD.)

Pauly, hope you like the Carbon. The Orange actually looks good in that picture, but a little misleading - it's not that "metallic" in person.

Still waiting on my Alloy/Carbon '07. Scheduled for delivery next week! Did see an Alloy '07 on the lot though. Looks nice! Comparing the job 1 to job 2 I have only found one external difference, other than what has already been mentioned. The lower air dam is different.

[Broken External Image]:

Here's a couple more. Still tough to get a good feel for the color. You can see the new air dam better though. I really liked it in person. It's what I ordered and now that I've seen it in person I'm glad I ordered that color.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yes, these were supposed to be deleted per Ford's update on the job 2. Guess what? I was at a dealer this weekend in PA and it had the cup door handle which was clearly a job 2 effort. It also had crossbars and I was like WTF? It said on the sticker that they were a $60 option.

Well, I'll just have to wait and see if I get them. If I don't, then I have a set already;).

If I do, then I get to learn how to sell on ebay. I DO like that color, though!

Cross bars were an "Added Stopper," similar to an Added Starter, they could be implemented at any point in time, vs. a Job2 which is a *specific* date. The cross bars were probably gone at or around the Job2 date.

Latest posts