Ordered '07 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P M

Reaction score
Just ordered an '07 ST (Alloy Limited, 4x4, V8, charcoal leather). One of the first mods I would like to do is the exhaust. Any recommendations? Just want it to have a nice V8 rumble, nothing too obnoxious. Magnaflow has one "coming soon" and they do have a video/audio clips of it. Sounds pretty good. Would like a bit deeper tone though. (If that's possible with the 4.6). Any others? :cool:

Thanks. Any measurable difference in MPG or feel, or just a nice sound? I want the sound, whatever else happens is a bonus. :D

I've noticed a little difference on MPG. According to my communications center, it tells me I am avg between about 15 mpg city. I was around the 14.2 before adding the flowmaters & bed cover.

I paid $23k for my 2001 ST. $28k for a new v-8 XLT:eek:? What a price jump.

By way of comparison I bought a 2000 Accord v-6 for $22.5k and just bought a 2006 v-6 for $24. $1.5k increase vs. $5k for the ST. I'd faint.

From your profile it says that your 2001 was a 4x2 convenience package, whereas PRM's ST is a Limited 4x4 with a V8 and leather. I think $5,000 for all those options is justified.

Now for the fun part: The wait!! My order went in on the 8th of June, and was due to the dealer on the 24th of July. They tell me any day now (actually due into the dealer on the 1st they say, but likely sooner....) The dealer told me that the reason for the week late was that the plant was closed for vacation for a week. Hope mine wasn't halfway down the line when they shut down... I'd rather it go down the line completely after everyone is back and rested, not when thier minds are elsewhere thinking about getting out of there:lol:

Oh I know how you feel. I'm one day into the wait and getting anxious. This could be a problem... :lol: I wish they had an online capability to let you see it getting built, at least pictures at a couple of points along the line, and then track it. Kind of like a package with FedEx. I was given the "6-8 weeks" answer but he said they usually do better than that. I'm not counting on them doing better since I ordered one in Alloy and put down that it has to be a job 2. Those aren't supposed to start being built until Aug 7th, so we'll see.

Pauly,

So you opted out of the charcoal cloth, eh? GOOD MAN! I drove a test mineral gray V8 w/ the leather - REAL nice.

Leather it is. Still charcoal though. If it bugs me in the summer I can always put some covers on. Thanks again R!

Yup, I ordered mine on July 6th. It has a July 29th "Job #2" start date. I don't have a delivery date yet. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it's a true Job #2!!

Biting my nails....

J

J - I hope it is a Job 2! Maybe they'll start the Job 2s a bit early. How did you get a start date? I'd like to know once mine has one assigned.

I was on the phone with Ford Marketing yesterday with an X-Plan question and got to talking about my messed up order. I asked her when Job 2 would be starting and she said" 7/31, a week earlier than originally planned." Hope it's true. I am getting verrry tired of waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Job2 7/29? That's a Saturday. The line guys will be out on their boats. :lol:

If the order's a Job2, no worries, it'll have whatever's slated for it. The actual date is 8/7 now, with ship out expected by week's end.

Aaah, but then he heard 7/31, that would be a Monday. The boats will be in port and they can get on with building job 2s. :lol:

I saw they had a package with skid plates and off-road tires. I know it's for "fleet" sales, but what does it look like. Are they small skid plates underneath that you can't see or a larger one visible from the front? And, what brand and size tires? I was in the Navy, lots of fleets there, suppose that counts? :rolleyes:

The tyres are P245/65R17 A/T BSW (black sidewall) H-Rated, require 17" wheels. No details on the brand though, sorry. Not sure what the skid plates look like, but they require 4x4 config. You can try ordering 'em...good luck though! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure that by the time the "job 2" items are installed, it'll be August 8th anyway. I'm glad that someone sort of confirmed that Job 2's are starting early!!

...still biting my nails waiting.