Opinions on Volvo S40

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anybody have or know anyone with a 2004 and up Volvo S40? My vehicle needs have changed and its one of the vehicles at the top of my list....any and all input would be great!! Thanks...

one of my friends got one about 10 months ago. its pretty sporty, i have always liked volvos though. it is really a safe car but made for the track. kind o flike a wolf in sheeps clothing i guess you can say. getting a stick would make it much more fun to drive in my opinion. but then again i love driving a standard. it is a nice car all around and should last you a long time if you take care of it. i like it

Expensive when it comes to maintenance and repairs. Also hard to find anyone other than Volvo dealers that are able to work on them. They are a well made car that drives well. Last time I looked at the S40 it still had an extremely small back seat and new radio configuration makes aftermarket changes difficult. Just my 2 cents.

Dan

I first started looking at the S40 for my wife. It is a good car. I have a friend that has one and they recommended it. Ultimately we ended up buying an S60. We decided that we needed the extra room and the dealership gave us a fantasic deal on the car. We bought the car new three years ago and have not had a problem.

Jerry

Thanks for the opinions guys...I'm hoping to get a real nice deal on an '04 S40 T5 w/11,000 miles on it next weekend...we'll see what happens....I'm not too worried about the repair bills since its a certified vehicle and comes with a 6yr/100,000 mile extended bumper to bumper warranty!!! Thanks again.

- Andy

Latest posts