Opinions on my tire decision

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Vanet

Reaction score
Planning on replacing the GY Fortera's with 265/65/17 Hankook Dynapro's on the stock 17" rims with 1" wheel spacers on all 4 corners. Tires 1" wider and 1" taller so outer tread edge should be 1 1/2" out, inner edge 1/2" out from stock location with the spacers. Anyone tried a combination similar to this? It's a 2010 model.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are asking about the tires with the spacers, I did not use spacers.

I do want to mention for anyone considering the Hankook's...

I replaced my GY Fortera's with the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 - I Love them! I was a little nervous at first because of the beefier tread. I thought there would be a lot of road noise or a rougher ride that has not been the case.

I was happy with the GY Fortera but the price difference was well worth the switch.

The Hankooks handle very well - Dry - Rain - Snow they have been fine.

I replaced my Michelin LTX M/S tires with the Dynapro ATM RF10's. The tires are louder than the Michelins, and the ride is a bit firmer. The tires seem to have a stiffer sidewall (not necessarily a bad thing). Snow traction is excellent with the RF10's, although they have less than 1k miles on them. We'll see how well they do next winter with a bit of wear.

i have the Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/16 and i love them.

bought them in summer of 2010 and so far so good.

they handle good in all terrains. i absolutely love them.

I THOUGHT I WAS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES WITH THESE TIRES.

pictures people.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts