Opinions on 2011 Ford Focus?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Well, I'm playing around with the idea of getting rid of the ST for a brand new ford focus.

The estimated mileage is pretty hard to argue with and they are really sharp looking cars for a decent price. I'd have a tough time giving up the cargo space of the ST, so I'd most likely be interested in the 5 door Focus.

I feel guilty whenever I think about getting a new car, as the ST has been a complete workhorse for me. Even though it is the second vehicle I've ever owned, it was the first one I absolutely fell in love with. I have to admit that it makes it a little easier to think about when I look at all of the modern features that are included in the new Fords.

Has anyone taken a 2011 Ford Focus for a test drive or looked at one on the lot? I'm interested to hear some honest opinions about it from my trusted ST family.

I bleed blue but we had just brought a new Hyundai Sonata 2.T and love it. It was the test drive that sold us.

We wanted a fusion and drove both the same time.

Never throught we would leave Ford but we did.

I test drove both the hyundai sonata 2.0T and the ford focus stock.

The focus drives great but the instrument panel looks like hell. I would get the titanium package if you could they are decked out with sport tuned suspension and myFordTouch.

The 4-cyl is pretty quick but has a slow hesitation at start up.

With a 247hp/260lb-ft tq turbocharged and direct-injected, 2.0-liter twin-cam 16-valve EcoBoost four-cylinder engine, the 2012 Focus ST looks to be quite the pocket-rocket. I'd check that one out if I was in the market for a smaller car like the Focus.

Andy,

I don't believe that variant is available yet. The websites I've researched have quoted Ford Execs as promising a that engine in the "near future." Perhaps I've read some out-of-date information?

At any rate, Ford.ca and Ford.com do not have that option listed in the "Build Your Own" tool.

But I agree with you. That would be one impressive little car and at the top end of my price range, no doubt ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Focus ST has not hit the market yet. We are waiting to get them in here, too. It will be one hot little ride!

if you want, check out the 2012 Focus, it is a lot better than the '11 model which is the last year of the old model.

Have a good one

Bob

he Focus ST has not hit the market yet. We are waiting to get them in here, too. It will be one hot little ride!

I was aware of that. According to the latest issue of Motor Trend, the Focus ST probably won't debut in the US until sometime in 2013.