One tough truck!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Well one week ago I was rear ended....pretty bad. The other guy was doing about 70km/hour. Hit me square, straight in the back end. Spoke to the body shop and all I needed to replace was the rear bumper!! Yup JUST THE REAR BUMPER!!! I couldn't believe it. The other guy went under the back end of the truck and i thought for sure there was more damage then just a bumper.

I have a stiff neck and back but other then that I'm fine. Just pissed that I didn't get to drive my truck for a week and a half. On a lighter note I have an F150 crew for a rental haha. SO much more room but a huge pain in the rear to park anywhere!! I need 2 spaces to fit properly lol

Any way I get my truck back either Tuesday or Wednesday. And I get a new set on reverse lights too :banana:

All I have to say is damn what a nice strong truck!!! BUILT FORD TOUGH FOR SURE!!!!:driving:

Glad it wasn't worse. Don't sign off on the med portion until you're sure no complications arise. See how your neck is in another month......

Really...Our 07 got hit/side swipped on the left rear corner. We were stopped and the other vehicle was doing about 50 mph. The impact wasn't hard at all and when it happened I looked at the wife and asked here what the hell was that. $6800 later and all was ok and we drove the truck for 2 weeks before the parts were in to get it fixed so it wasn't "that bad".

Whose body shop said all you needed was a bumper...your ins co or theirs and if it was yours did they tell you what body shop to go to?. When I had my accident the other parties ins co tried to cut me a check the very next day for $1700 so instead I filed a claim through my ins co, Amica, since the accident wasn't my fault, and had the vehicle repaired the proper way which was at one of the Ford dealerships here...these guys are known for their work.

Rolled my truck onto the side in March. Only damage was when the front left quarter panel hit a rock in just the right spot and jammed the driver's door closed. Hooked up a cable and got it back down on all four tires, and drove the remaining 40 miles back to town. Next morning, the tires were flat though. :(

Wow dude, glad to hear you and the truck are OK.

I got rear ended a couple years ago too. only had to replace the bumper, bumper cover and the Tow hitch...that was it.

Althooooough, I did have a massive gash in the fibreglass rear quarter panel from my own stupidity a year and a half before that. The guy at the body shop thought that when i was hit my bumper had pushed up on the quarter panel enough that it cracked..needless to say, that $800 fix was done (and probably a large part of the other guy's insurance company's total bill :bwahaha:)

Glad your ok. About a year ago. One of our members got rear ended. The frame rails were bent. Insurance wouldnt fix it. They totaled it. Sad...