One of a kind question about parts compatibility

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Tomczak

Reaction score
Here is the deal. I have a 2002 Pioneer Edition Sport Trac. It's 4WD and as far as I can tell has every option offered with the exception of leather, if this was even a option on the Pioneer edition. I have a unique oppertunity to pick up a Lincoln Blackwood for $5,500.00 My question is, will any of these parts fit on my truck? It looks very similar but very different, somewhere between a Sport Trac and F-150. I would like to keep the 4X4 on my truck now, but like the bed of the Blackwood, especially the dutch style tailgate, wich by the way is thesame width and height as the Tracs, it jsut mounts different.

In the end there is no way that I can afford the insurance on another car, but I would love to have some of the 'goodies' that are in the Blackwood like the Nav screen. It is the same as the console that is in the Trac on the out side but at the front of it, where we have a open space, there is a 5" screen.

if enough of the parts will fit on the Trac and I get it, anyone want the rest for thier F-150 or Navigator?

The tailgate may work, as the ST tailgate is an F-150 item anyway. It and the bed would of course have to be modified to make it work, though.

The center console as a whole is probably too wide to fit (if it is the same size as an F-150 console), but you may be able to remove just the navigation part and make it work.

Most parts will not fit. A few small parts will, like switches and knobs, but overall, very little will be a direct swap. You could swap the seats in if you make/modify seat mounts, front and rear.

The Blackwood is basically a modified F150. Anything that would fit from a F150 should fit from the Blackwood.

Latest posts