one more thing.... rear windows lol

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Seeley 3

Reaction score
I know its a safety thing but does anyone know if its possible to make the two rear passenger windows roll all the way down because its ugly sometimes like not rolled all the way, I know they make kits for other trucks just wondering if they have for ours

It's not a safety thing. It's a physics thing. It's very hard to make glass pass through steel.

In other words the shape of the doors doesn't give the glass any room to go down any farther. It looks like it should, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldnt it be possible to take it to a glass shop and have the window trimed down so that it could??? just throwing a thought out...

No.

Well, yes, but then if you rolled the window up, there would be a big open hole in the side of the truck.

There might be a way to do it with some door modifications. I am thinking if you take the channel between the roll down window and the solid window and move it forward. you might be able to make a smaller roll down window that would go all the way down. Then you would have to make a wider solid window. Just an idea, don't know if it could be done though. Or you could trade for a gen. 2.:lol:

If you live in a desert and never carry anything valuable, you could just use a BFH to remove the back windows altogether.

Latest posts