On the Trac roll-over subject....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McKellop

Reaction score
They may hold up better than you think. This is mine ....... no I didn't do it . I bought it pre-modified. Looks like it protected the unfortunate previous owner pretty well.

8878dcfe5b2c07998b50ff6a30e8d6c4.jpg

ce1729b84176a8e61acbd2b2c86c64dc.jpg

8dacd1b89993f5bfc90f4a9ebea4b762.jpg

Hey Steve, I got a Focus that's already most of the way to being a convertible! :D Wanna buy it?

I think I'll pass on the Focus. This one will keep me busy for a little while.:) But I'm sure glad you're story has ended as well as it has!!

No, my 158K mile '01 4x2 is becoming a donor for the 69K mile '02 4x4. I'll be using most of the cab, one door and the bed, as well as miscellaneous other small items. Still have a bunch of parts left over ......... I see another in the future.;)

1ea5b439645cbb58b4d6227029df0a59.jpg

Are you sure that was rolled and somthing didn't fall on it? How is the bed untoched anywhere? Looks like a tree fell on it, unless you already replaced the bed.:huh: :blink::unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it was a roller. The Bed box and right side are cracked up, right running board tucked under, both right wheel/tires down, right rear main spring leaf broken clean in two.

e02ba1bffabc015f740d0bbdfc4e7d06.jpg

d0ab6ecaf65105ae222e4d0ef1eb4ff4.jpg

17a5bfee0779057f6e979dcda3530378.jpg

Now, ya want to see something really strange...............

Check this cached page from March 20,2009.

I'd like to see what Carfax says about this but I'm not paying their price for semi-reliable info.

Never having rolled a truck in 32 years of driving and hearing about the high risk of rollover with the Sport Trac, aside from off-roading, a blowout or driving too fast & taking a turn way too hard, how do you roll an ST?

I wouldn't say they were at any higher risk of roll over than any other 4x4.

I'd say inexperience with high center of gravity vehicles is the main reason. We used to fix Bronco II's .......... any idea how many Bronco II"s went greasy side up?:rolleyes:

My wife and kids put 100K on the last one I fixed. It's more the driver than the vehicle. But you'd be surprised at how many cars roll over from side hits .............. Jenn knows.:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering, with all those spare parts could you part with the passenger rear door exterior molding. It's the piece that runs from front to back.

Either one of the two have a powered front driver's seat preferably in the Desert Tan (01-03) (if they were not soiled by the previous driver...)??

The gold '02 has Desert Tan interior but that's the one I'll fix and drive. It has the manual seat in it anyway. I may take the power tracks off of the charcoal seat from the red one and put it on the tan one. I haven't investigated that conversion yet.

Sorry.