On Road Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
What would be the best make and model for on road shocks? Smooth, luxury car like ride. Also, where could I get them for the lowest price? Thanks a lot.

Scott:)

First of all, it's a truck. You're never going to get a "smooth, luxury car-like ride" in a truck. But if you want better shocks for the street, look at Monroe Sensa-Trac/Rancho RS5000, or Monroe Reflex/Rancho RSX. The S-T/5000 and the Reflex/RSX are the same shock marketed under different brands by the same parent company. Lots of varying prices. Do a search on Froogle.com for the best prices.

I personally have the Rancho RSX shocks. Any aftermarket shock is a vast improvement over OEM shocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will never get a luxury car ride from the Trac. If you want a soft ride but better dampening go with the monroe sensatrac..I have the rancho rsx, same as the moroe reflex..they are stiffer but I like the stability...check the sale papers for sales..sears, pepboys, etc...

My ST has a "smooth, luxury car-like ride" on or off road.

I have Monroe Reflex shocks...

Oh, the above mentioned ride quality can only be experienced in "PARK". :lol:

I have the Monroe Reflex shocks on my Trac and couldn't be happier with them. I bought them from Rock auto online for around $39 a shock and installed them myself. Installation on my '04 was easy in the front, but took a little time to get the left rear one on because of the accesibility of the top bolt under the bed.

Latest posts