ok whats up with my cruise control?!?!?!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Nelson

Reaction score
I get on the interstate get up to bout 70mph hit my cruise on button, then set and the light on the dash blinks at me. I repeat it blinks again. After a few more times of cruise control on and set it finally takes. What is up ???????

Problem is the shutoff switch on the master cylinder. (If your's is red, its in the recall)

Dealer will only add a fusable harness per the recall guidelines.

If its not working now, the fusable harness will not help. Probably need to replace the switch.

You can have a switch that won't light the truck on fire, and yet it still won't work. Ford's not recalling bad switches, just deadly one's.

Warranty? That went out at just over one year, when I crossed the 36,000 mile mark. I'm at 165,000 miles and counting on my 2003. And my cruise control is doing the same thing - works sometimes and sometimes not. I guess I'll check the switch.

My '03 master cylinder cruise control switch went bad at about 30K miles. It was not a recall item. The switch is easily replaceable and is located conveniently on the master cylinder where you can access it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same happened to our '02, the dealer replaced the steering wheel switches under base warranty (that's how long ago it happened)...

We still haven't replaced the switch on the master cylinder. We got the letter months ago and it was a few more months befoe the dealer even had parts, now we're just too busy to take it and frankly just adding the fusible link isn't a proper repair to me anyway...

HTH...

Mark

Happened to me again just last night. Kept pressing the button until it finally caught. Then had to hit the brakes two minutes later anyway! Traffic in Houston can get so frustrating!

Latest posts