Ok, ST Guru's HELP!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
My overhead temperature and directional guide, is out, it just went out and I can't get it back on, the lights overhead do work, but not the temp thingy, any suggestions?

~Dove~

Well, first check for a blown fuse. I do not have the schematics here at home with me or I'd be able to tell you which fuse it is.

If it is not a fuse then you will need to pull the cover and see if you have power to the plug that connects the over-head temperature LED's. If no power, you'll have to go back wards to see where you lose it. If you do have power, then the gauge unit may have failed.

I doubt that the unit has failed. If so, it will be the first that I have heard of...

Dovie,

nobleman is correct. Try pressing your mode button to turn it back on.

I had mine go out the same way and thoght I had done something wrong when I hooked up my radar detector. After driving around for a month with no temp or compass readout, I pressed the mode button and it came back on and has been working fine ever since.:D

...Rich

Thanks coastiejoe, i'll try that,..... nobelman and RichardL, yes, I tried several times hitting the mode button, that's the first thing i tried several times.

~Dove~