Ok...I feel kind of dumb...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks,

While working on my '02 this weekend, I noticed two little air thingies just like the ones you'd find on the tires on each side of the rear bumper. One on the driver's side. One on the passenger's side. These ran to hoses which, in turn, ran to boots of some sort around the rear springs. They are 'air shocks' of some sort and I realize they are for adjusting the suspension when carrying heavy loads. I also have a large towing receiver hitch attached to the frame. Do I have the factory towing package on my '02?

I knew about the tow hitch, but I never noticed the little air thingies. The boots hold air and do not leak. Does anyone have the specifications/max load/pressure for these things?

Man...I feel dumb for not really noticing these things.

The bags were added after the fact. See if the boots have a name on them, if so, you can google the brand to obtain specs...

There is never a dumb question

come spend a day with me at my university. there are about 3 girls in my classes that will change your mind :banghead: lol

edit - MRex - im not implying that your question was stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the previous owner installed a set of "air lift" helper springs.

I have the exact same set on mine.

There was NEVER a factory towing package on the Sport Trac. All Sport Trac's came with a 4 pain wiring harness in the back. None, between the years of 2001 and 2005, came from the factory with a hitch.

Tom

Latest posts