ok, I am a sport trac owner now

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILL E

Reaction score
All right folks you have a new Sport Trac owner. My first deal fell through when the dealer sold it to some folks 'on the lot'. So I picked up one on Ebay from a private owner in NM and drove it back down to here in Phoenix.

It's a well equiped 2008 Limted. V8, awd, leather, nav, sync, cover, sliders, adj pedals, class III/IV tow. I think the only options it is missing is the rear dvd and heated windshield. $26100 and I don't have to pay 9% tax since it is a private sale. It's in good shape. About the only downside is they smoked in it. The only thing I found wrong is the console spring is broken so it doesn't 'stay shut' unless you pull the lever forward again. I picked it up today. Flew to Albuquerque and drove it back to Phoenix. Just over 400 miles.

Good drive. It handles nice, is quiet. The transmission shifts smooth (you barely notice unless you are trying to pass or whatever).

The v8 could be a little more powerful but no complaints. I think it is actually getting me going quicker than I think but it is so darn quiet you don't 'feel' it.

White with a tan interior.

I am obviously stoked! :banana::supercool:

I will wash it and post some pics

Will, seriously, congratulations. After all you've read and heard about the Sport Trac, you will come to find that its all good. The interior can be thoroughly cleaned by any good detail shop. Don't worry, the heated windshield was not available in 2008. Sunroof? Leather seating? Tonneau cover? Bed extender? Theres a USB port inside the console for your i-pod. And you can go to www.syncmyride.com register the truck and use a thumb drive to download all the updates for the Sync system. Go to www.navteq.com and order an updated navigation disc. then drive and enjoy the truck, we'll be here to help with anything you want to do to it. :welcome: to the site, have fun. Bob

Some Fresh Wave spray or gel will help get rid of the smoke smell. Upside, you have leather seats and Tracs do not have carpeting, so it might not be too hard to get rid of the smoke smell.

Congratulations- sounds real nice! My '08 ST was owned by a smoker too, after 6 months of ownership I can't tell but my wife still can. I may have to Lysol or steam the headliner.

WELCOME HOME TO MYSPORTTRAC WILL E!!:banana::driving:

No offense on the greeting with caps, but that is a huge welcome to this site! Enjoy your ST!

Congrats.

Time to feel the love of this site...

:worthless:

Seriously, looking forward to the pics.

Gotta love a state that has no sales tax on private vehicle sales. Those states that do can't help but turn many regular, law-abiding citizens into law breakers. Ha ha.

TJR

Thanks everyone.

So none of the sport tracs had carpet? I think that is great. The rubber floor will be much easier to keep clean.

We dropped it off at a place that specializes in cleaning up 'stolen' cars and such. It should have occured to me that most of the smell will be in the head liner. They are going to steam clean it. If that doesnt' work I might just replace it. The smell doesn't bother me but my wife isn't going to go for it (but hey, maybe she would drive it less)

Tomorrow is saturday. I will spruce it up a little and then take some pics.

Latest posts