Oil pan drain plug

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
A friend at work has a 04 Mazda Tribute and the oil pan drain plug is stripped. He was asking me if there was anything I could find out for him so I told him I would look and see. Where could he get a replacement plug at?. Does he need to contact the dealer or can he get the plug for an automotive store? Does any one know the size of the screw plug. Thanks for the help.

Andrew

-Technical Information-

Simple Installation:The Engine Oil Drain Valve permanently replaces the standard drain plug. Once in place, just lift the lever from its locked position and turn it 90 degree to drain oil.

Proven Quality:Forged brass and stainless steel construction. The "ball valve" design is just like the design of valve used in pressurized gas applications, and so it provides a straight flow for efficient drainage and a perfect seal when closed.

Durability:The valve's simple but effective locking system.- The stainless steel spring prevents accidental opening. It requires two distinct actions to open it and its heavy-duty construction will withstand any engine vibration.

Genuine Part:The Engine Oil Drain Valve has been tested and granted "Genuine Part" status by six major motor vehicle manufacturers in Japan.

U.S. Patented Product - U.S. PAT#4078763

get a easy out kit (sears or autozone) for bolts you just beat the socket on and use a wrench to remove it then get a new plug or one of the drain kit

Those Fumoto valves are great. I have them in all my cars and truck. The "nipple" is the optional drain tube that can be used to redirect the oil flow when the valve is open. In the ST, the nipple isn't really needed because the oil pan is down in a great position to drain the oil already.

Latest posts