Oil Change Reset

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I was wondering if any other owners of Gen2 Tracs that do their own fluid changing had any problems with re-seting the computer when they change their motor oil. I've been changing mine for 42,000 miles and every time I do I have to spend it seems about 15 minutes going through the reset cycle before it finally resets to 5000 miles. I hope if it is common that someone has figured out the trick to getting it to reset the first time.

Thanks,

Jim

I've never had an issue doing it. Just run the test cycle, and hold the button when it tells you to if new oil. Are the plugs seated well in the switches on the backside?

My ex-wifes '08 escape, has that problem. It takes about 3 times going thru the reset before the reset works.

its a pain in the as$ here too. Sometimes have to do it 3 times to get it to change back to 100%.

Im wondering if the automakers, think were stupid. Too many gimiks and electronic gadgets. we have to pay for. Some of these items are intergrated with others. So you have to change working items and the harness, sometimes..

I call it an auto makers shell game. All about $$$$$$$...:fire:

Well I discovered what I was doing wrong. For some reason they put to windows that tell you if you want to reset to push and hold reset. I was doing it on the first flash and that doesn't work. The second flash is when you do it and it works great. Oh well it only took me 5 1/2 years to find the solution. Thanks again.

Jim

Oh. I thought that the "Press and hold Reset if new Oil" announcement was when you were trying to do the reset. lol. My dad has the same issues, and his VCR still flashes 12:00 every time I go to his house. You old people are a hoot!:bwahaha:

Latest posts