Ohhh, that didn't sound good at all...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt DeFina

Reaction score
Uh oh... was just pulling into my condo building, and heard, and lightly felt, a loud "CLANK" from under the front....

UGH..

I took a quick look, but coudn't see anything obvious...

i'll have to wait until i get out of my buisness clothes and walk the dog before i do deeper searching..

I'm sorry but, it sounds fatal. Find one of those dealers that will give you "double the value" of your trade-in. Upgrade to a newer Sport Trac!! Its what I would do, Bob

OK, so i got under the front and couldn't see any issuse at all...no broken sway bar end.. no drive shaft ussue, no steering problems... not sure what to do...

thoughts?

found it.... don't know how i missed it the first time..

Eddie was right.. front passenger swaybar end link..

stripped right through the bolt at the top of the tie rod. the tie rod was still through the hole in the sway bar, and "looked" connected.. but no...

:) i zip-tied them together for now, so the tie rod doesn't jump over to the wheel or bind on something, and have an appt with the dealer for Tuesday

Ok, is it the tie rod end or the sway bar that disconnected? The zipties will snap on the first hard corner or uneven bump. If it's the tie rod end you don't want to drive it 'til it's fixed.

If it's either the tie rod end or the sway bar endlink you can fix that yourself with a two wrenches, don't even have to remove the tires really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swaybar endlink, save youself a ton of money and just do it yourself. Only takes me about a half hour to replace mine, most of that time is setting up the boards to sit the jack and jackstands on because I have a gravel driveway.

:banana:

Swaybar endlink, save youself a ton of money and just do it yourself. Only takes me about a half hour to replace mine, most of that time is setting up the boards to sit the jack and jackstands on because I have a gravel driveway.

:banana:

Well when I repalced mine I also was doing all the brakes as well so i geuss you could count out the time for the jacks and stands. 10 minutes to do the endlinks.

:banana::driving:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts