Off Topic: Broadband Telephone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle McManus

Reaction score
Thinking about switching to Broadband Telephone Serive. Just wondering if and what you have? Also I was lookin at Broad Voice Service because it was the only one I could find with a local number for my little county? Does it like good? Thanks

I switched to digital phone from Time Warner Cable about a month ago

Hated it

I regulary got an echo (like you sometimes do on a cell phone)

I regularly got cut off, sometimes completely and othertimes just one side of the conversation (I could hear them but they could not hear me or vice versa)

Sometimes I could not get a dial tone, I would pick up the phone and just get some clicks, hang up pick up wait hang up pick up wait hang up pick up wait and then maybe finally get a dial tone

I put up with it for three weeks and then finally called AT&T/SBC and switched back

Terrible experience

Good luck with whatever decision you make

Greg

fmarano,

Even wireless phones don't work when the power is out since the basestation requires power to operate the radio transceiver portion.

I no that a wired phone, would work, however most people have switched to wireless phones in their homes. I'm most people do like I do. I use my cell phone to call the power company to tell them that the power is out. :)

...Rich

Ditto on the wired phone - even if it's not plugged in, I know where it's at in case the power goes out.

Some of the guys I work with kept their wireline connection for the 30-day try-out period (Vonage, I think) before cancelling their POTS.

If it's available in your area, you might check into bundled plans - cable, phone, and Internet for a lower price than if you got all three separately.

Latest posts