Off Road Pics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Feinstein

Reaction score
There was a picture a little while ago of a sport trac rock crawling. I tried to do a search to find it but I could not find it. Could someone please post the picture.

A friend of mine took me on an offroad adventure last weekend and he told me that there was no way the sport trac could do what he was doing and I want to prove him wrong.

ef1e5ecc2fc451975d50bcbec5e947c3.jpg

1e800ae0ebaa9a6ad8956cc48b98c882.jpg

The whole buildup link is here-------V

There are a pics in my library from my Moab trip this May.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew that the trac was not going to be able to do what is pictured without alot of work. Heck My stock Trac dragged its steps bars on a dirt road the other day.

Not necessarily... I have

$550 into wheels and tires

$350 into sliders

$50 shackles

(a lot of $$ into shocks which could be bypassed for cheaper)

$175 or so on a gas tank skid plate

A couple of alignments

That about does it! I've made 2 trips to Moab, I've done some trails over a couple days camping at Truckhaven (CA), not to mention Ptarmigan, McCallister, and Chinaman's Gulches, Mosquito Pass, Webster, Red Cone and Slaughterhouse Gulch (all in CO.) and just got back from a 3 day trip to Ouray and did Black Bear Pass, Imogene, Stony Pass, California and Corkscrew Gulches, Yankee Boy Basin, Picayne Gulch and a few others. Not bad for a little over 1K put into strictly wheelin' stuff. The sliders aren't completely necessary but are tremendously functional and do the job of side steps to boot.

This was all done in 6 years of wheeling. Look at chads library, mine, or Explorerforum to see pics of the last Ouray trip. Yeah, the wheelbase sucks... but if you take your time you can be a proficient wheeler without a Superlift and $2000 wheels and tires.

Here's a link to the page with some pictures and some other links to pics from the Ouray trip I went on.

Oh, and I did the same hill in Moab that chad has his first 2 pics of (earlier in this thread)... on the last hill he has a pic of, I had my first breakage in 6 years of wheelin' the trac; a bent drivers tie rod. It gave up the ghost and cost a total of ~ $70 (some $ went to othe parts on each side ) and an alignment to fix.