Off-road bumpers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drkhorse

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I’ve been considering getting new bumpers, off-road type steel bumpers, and I found a rear bumper I like on movebumpers.com but I’m not too crazy about the style of the front bumpers. Will bumpers for a Ranger fit a sport trac?
I don’t have a welder so that’s a big hurdle for me and I haven’t had much luck finding what I’m looking. I’m still in the planning stages so there’s no rush, just trying to get a jump on spring.

You can make anything fit with trimming, modifying, and welding.

Cheap welders can be great for starter. But you would want to find something that could weld at least 3/16" plate. 1/4" would be better but the price goes up for those. I would suggest scouring the internet for bumper styles. Find one that you like and go from there. If you have friends that are into cars/trucks/off-roading someone is going to have a welder.

Creating your own can start with just building a cardboard replica to start. Easy to make changes to and gives you ideas.

If you have a metal scrap yard close you can get it for cheap. I spent $50 in materials when I made mine for my Nissan.

266048_10151010659932490_151105355_o.jpg

Nice bumper. I want something that fits a little closer to the front end. I’ve been scouring the net for almost a month looking for something I like, most are made for a winch and I don’t need one.
I’ve found a few for a Ranger but I’m not too sure they’ll fit.

A Ranger bumper would fit. Just remember the grill is part of the bumper(cover) for the Sport Trac where is separate on the Ranger.

Yes, my intention is to trim off the bumper cover from the grill and remove the factory bumper and replace with an off-road bumper. There’s a lot of the same thing on the web and I know some modification is a given, but I don’t need a winch so I’m looking for something like this:

Attachments

• IMG_3799.jpeg
    IMG_3799.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
i test fitted some from a jeep and loved the look, my intent was to split in middle and add a skid and needed to angle to flow, problem was the metal on bumpers were not solid steel so fabbing and making strong got to challenging, was going to just fab some but got lazy and just did a bull bar. had a jeep so they got used but 350 for front and back on amazon was cheap and it would have looked so sick to me but bumpers need to be strong.

Latest posts