OEM shocks goodbye

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Stuhlsatz

Reaction score
After my 7 year anniversary with my original shocks. I spent the extra bucks and got the Reflex shocks. You guys are right they are night and day! I take turns almost twice as fast now. But, I do miss the feel of the rear end jumping into the next lane when I go over railroad tracks!:lol:

I will have about $155.80 invested after my rebate on a set of 4 Ranchos RSX's installed by myself. When I called my local sears for the Reflexes, it seemed like they raise the price of the shocks to cover their "free" installation offer. Also with the Monroe rebate, it is not a cash rebate, but rather a certificate good towards another purchase or service at the place you bought your shocks from. With the Rancho's rebate offer...it is up to $60.00 cash back on a set of 4 shocks. Just FYI.

Sears' auto center is TERRIBLE! Their prices are high on everything I've ever checked. I just saved my buddy over $200 on tires for his RX-8 by steering him away from there. They had sold him a set (not in stock) of BFGoodrich KDW's (autocross tire) for about $850 installed and told him if he kept them rotated and had a good alignment he could get 50K miles from them!!! Yeah, right... more like 10K if he was lucky! I got on Discount Tires website and we got him a nice set of Yokohamas (with a 50K warranty) for about $675 with lifetime rotate and balance.

Damn! I read the post here and some mentioned sears and free installation. I guess I should of taken a poll if anyone had them installed there maybe it would of saved me some cash towards other upgrades.:(

I paid 300 for a national tire shop to install them. The install includes a lifetime warrenty on the shocks including labor. I probably did overpay, however I have no time to install them myself. Shop did them in 1 hour. My brother Monroes developed a leak last week, same tire shop did the install. With 56,000+ miles on the shocks they replaced them all at no cost.

Latest posts