Observation ABout my '07 LImited Sport Track

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Washington

Reaction score
I took my new '07 4.6 St LImted for it's first road trip (it now has ~2500 miles) and have the following observations. I moved up from a '99 Ranger by the way. Overall it's a great vehicle and I love it.

Ride: Great car-like ride. Smooth and very quiet. Very comfortable.

AudioPhile Sound system:, just great.

Steering wheel mounted Radio & Climate controls - also great

Responsiveness.: It cruises well, even at high speeds. (It's a little sluggish responding to the gas pedal, but not enough to really complain about. This is my first automatic tranny in years and I may have to adjust my expectations).

Dislikes:

Gas gauge hard to see.

Instrument panel read-out hard to see with polarized sunglasses on.

Floor Mats - they really need to explore putting a different material on the back of the Sport Trac mats, they just slide all over that rubber floor. One of the cleats that kind of hold the driver's mat in place came apart. It snaps together, but I suspect that this will alwats be a problem.

The Rubber floor. I have mixed feeling. Stuff slides all over that floor.

:)

Nice looking Trac. I was disappointed to hear that Mineral Gray will not be an option for the Job 2s. It was among my final choices. The steering wheel controls and upgraded stereo are on my 'must have' list. Can't wait... How's the mileage so far?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the floor mats and the clips that hold them in. On my 2001, I've had two of those cleats come out of the floor. The mats are useless because they slide under the seats and all over the place, but I love the rubber flooring. It is much better than keeping carpet clean and my shoes are usually dirty.

How's the mileage so far?

During the first 500 miles of my trip I kept it around 55 mph with occasional bursts up the 90+, I got 20.2 MPG.

After that I drove mostly between 85 & 90 mph, with stretches near 100 mph and got 16.4 MPG.

On around town driving (some freeway and some not) I'm getting 18.1 on one tank and 17.9 on another.

I'm cool with that! Just waitin' on those job 2s.

How are you guys getting milleage like that??? I'm getting 5.9 to 7.9 mpg at best!!!! I punch the gas pretty hard but it seems like a huge differance to me.

I saw 18MPG on a 2 hour trip after a fuel up. Running 75-80MPH the whole time. That's on the 87 Octane Xcal2 tune.

NYJohn, you can see milage like you're getting if your foot is always in it. Try a tank where you baby it and see what you get. Babying it around town, I see 13-15MPG.

NyJohn

How are you guys getting milleage like that??? I'm getting 5.9 to 7.9 mpg at best!!!! I punch the gas pretty hard but it seems like a huge differance to me.

That just sounds like you have a serious issue, even the worse gas milage in a STshould be around 13mpg...... You gots an issue my freind

joseymack

I don't want another issue - my moonroof is leaking already when it rains:( I'll try driving easy for a while and see if it improves. Are you folks figuring the MPG o your own or are you going by the digital readout on the dashboard?

Is there a different way to do it by hand, wwashing?

Did Ford change the name on the '07 to "Sport Track"? I liked Trac better.

Just a little tongue in cheek. No bustin' intended :)

My intent was that there is no other way to compute mpg besides the way you described. Unlike what a lot of members seem to think here, how many miles you drive on a tank is not mpg; it is called range.

The 2007 has a digital readout that tells you with little green LED's what your MPG is. So I guess you could either calculate it by dividing the miles driven by gallons of gasoline with either a pen or a pencil or you could just look down at the dashboard and see what number appears.

Cap'n Pauly, what are you gonna do w/ ur 08 stock wheels/tyres? Sell 'em? Yeah sorry on the min grey...seems like the only "manly" new color is that alloy. :(

Hopefully sell them. Not sure how many would want 18" ST wheels though. Maybe an XLT owner. Probably drives real nice on the highway with the Michelin Cross Terrains though. They are kind of skinny (235s) in my opinion, but they are a quality tire.

Any of the '07 owners out there know what the load limit is on the side tiedown hooks? Just curious, I noticed they flex a bit when you pull on them whereas the older ones are solid.

Does the readout on the '07 calculate instantaneous MPG and a trip MPG?