OBDII Port Splitter? Safe To Run Multiple OBDII Devices At The Same Time?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
I'm very interested in the SCT iTSX programmer upgrade now that they can support custom tunes.

However, I love my Aeroforce Interceptor scangauge and it has extra sensors that I purchased for the gauge to function the way I wanted it to.

The issue is that the iTSX has a permanant(ish) home with the OBDII port. Well...so does my Interceptor gauge.

I would use the iTSX as a programmer and another gauge. I also really like the iTSX for data logging as it's wireless but I've not found any info on how this product can data log yet. I also really have not searched that hard :)

There is also a really cool bit of technology that Valentine 1 makes. It's called a Savvy and it's an OBDII port device that will automatically mute the radar detector below a programmed speed threshold. This would be awesome in the city driving.

Would there be any issues with overall performance of these components if they were all or at least two of them run at once?

Does a product even exist that can split the OBDII into two or three ports?

Any danger in damaging the CPU because of to much draw based on the above mentioned devices?

I thought the new SCT, will read all and display. That any brand of scangauge will.

You just have to walk through the screens. I could be wrong.

Psycaryo,

Perhaps this is what your are looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/OBDII-Splitter-J1962M-2-J1962F-145802/dp/B000TMCX72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325778889&sr=8-1

I guess you could even get a couple of these and daisy chain them together to add even more access ports

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
the iTSX can only display what the vehicle can tell it OEM. It will not display my AFR or my boost. Which are important pids to monitor if I suspect a variation.

I really like the iTSX. However, I've gotten some great advice and I may wait just a little bit before I pull the trigger on one.

Latest posts